Babette André Living Trust Aviation Annual Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships for students pursuing careers in aviation.
The Donor recognizes the specific financial challenges faced by various populations in the aviation industry as they work to pursue a degree in a field in which they remain under-represented. The Donor’s passion for education and creating opportunity drives this gift to encourage those to succeed in obtaining their degree.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state, or institutional aid.
• Have financial need as determined by FAFSA and the University’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
• Have a declared major within the Aviation and Aerospace Science Department
• Be enrolled at least half-time ( 6+ credit hours).
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
• Be a U.S. Citizen.
• Write a 500-word essay that demonstrates your understanding of the challenges faced by women in the aviation industry.
Preference is to award two students $5,000 each per academic year
The scholarship is not renewable