Dr. Hal Nees Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide assistance to students who are passionate about criminal justice and criminology and plan to pursue a career in that field.
Harol Nees, a 1976 MSU Denver graduate, came to the University in 1998 as an assistant professor after nearly two decades in law enforcement. He served as Chair of Faculty Senate from 2004-2008 and was elected as Faculty Trustee in 2010. He retired in 2011 as a full professor and was awarded emeritus status one year later.
• Have a declared major in criminal justice & criminology
• Be a degree-seeking
• Be taking a minimum of 12 credit hours during the semester(s) the scholarship is received
• Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
• Have completed volunteer work related to criminal justice (preference is given to those students with higher levels of volunteerism)
• When all criteria are equal, preference will be given to students who are eligible to receive financial aid as determined by FAFSA guidelines.