Ana Nelson Women in Aviation Endowed Scholarship
The Fund exists to provide scholarships to students pursuing a career in aviation and to celebrate the life and joy of Ana Nelson, a passionate supporter of education, women,
and flight. Ana’s memory will live on in the University’s Department of Aviation and
Aerospace Science and this Fund will forever create life-changing opportunity for students pursuing a career in flight.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Have financial need as determined by FAFSA/CASFA and the University’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
• Be employed at least 20 hours/week.
• Have a major within the Aviation and Aerospace Science department
• Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours during the semester the scholarship is received.
• Write a 500-word essay that demonstrates your understanding of the challenges faced by women in the aviation industry.
The Donor’s intention, when possible, is for each scholarship award to be the equivalent of full tuition.