Cook Street Consulting, Inc. Annual Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to students at the University. Cook Street Consulting, Inc. is an independent investment advisory and fiduciary consulting firm headquartered just south of Denver, Colorado. Our primary focus is servicing select U.S. (including Puerto Rico) and Canadian defined contribution and defined benefit retirement plan sponsors.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state, or institutional aid.
• Have financial need as determined by FAFSA/CASFA and the University’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Be degree-seeking and have a declared major
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Be enrolled half-time or full-time
• Upload a personal statement for review by the selection committee.
There is a preference to award students majoring in Finance.
There is a preference to provide four scholarships of $5,000 (minus 6% fee) per academic year.
The scholarship is granted on an annual basis and is renewable (contingent on available funds). Previous recipients may reapply.
Graduate students are eligible to apply.
DACA/ASSET and other undocumented students are eligible for this scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be eligible to participate in a paid internship with Cook Street. The position entails assisting with the development of quarterly investment reports for our clients and responding to ad hoc requests from our performance reporting and research teams. Interns will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different roles and levels within the firm. We offer a competitive hourly wage and flexible work hours.