Carol Jensen Endowed Scholarship
This Fund is established to provide scholarships for students experiencing unforeseeable financial hardships. This scholarship is available to students majoring in Integrative Health Care or Lifestyle Medicine (or any future names of these two programs) and funds will be disbursed to students in hardship situations of last resort when other financial avenues have been explored. Students can only receive one award per fiscal year. Awards will not exceed $500 per request.
Carol Jensen, R.N., M.Ed., created the Integrative Health Care program at MSU Denver which was the first of its kind in the United States. Carol began as a clinical nurse and administrator but found her true avocation in working with, and teaching MSU students. Above all else, she believed in the students in her classes and program, understood that they work extremely hard to put themselves through college, and often struggle to financially complete their degrees. She always said how lucky she felt to work with such intelligent, kind, compassionate students and colleagues at MSU Denver.
• Be meeting MSU Denver’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid
• Be enrolled full or part time
• Be a junior or senior
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
• Have a declared major in Integrative Health Care or Lifestyle Medicine (or any future names of these two programs)
• Submit a statement of need that provides a clear and reasonable explanation why additional funds are needed, the amount that is needed, and how this scholarship award will promote the likelihood of their success and/or degree completion.
This scholarship will be awarded with student retention in mind.