Dimond Family Hospitality Endowed Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to the University’s School of Hospitality students with financial need.
Rita and Navin Dimond founded Stonebridge Companies in 1991 and have grown it to become to one of the nation’s leading development and hospitality management companies. The Donor is the private foundation of the Dimond family that is focused on various philanthropic initiatives with an emphasis on education. As part of the Donor’s gift to the Foundation, it was important to the family to establish a scholarship to assist students financially in the University’s School of Hospitality. In addition to this scholarship, the Dimond family and Stonebridge Companies continues to participate and give back to the University through the Rita and Navin Dimond Fellows Program, University Board representation, and guest speakers in the classroom, amongst other initiatives.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) or Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) and the University’s Office Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.8
• Be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours during the semester(s) the scholarship is received
• Have a declared major in the University’s School of Hospitality
• Have a class standing of sophomore or higher
The scholarship is open to DACA/ASSET students