Gerald R. Endsley Endowed Scholarship
Gerald (“Jerry”) Ray Endsley (1945-2015) was a cornet soloist, band conductor, trumpet pedagogue, publisher, and university instructor. Endsley’s music career began in 1966 when he won the position of Cornet Soloist with the Denver Municipal Band. He performed as soloist and Principal Trumpet until 1995, when he assumed duties as conductor. Jerry was a leading freelance artist and music contractor in the Denver area, and was Second Trumpet of the Denver Symphony Orchestra during the 1978-79 season. He taught trumpet at the University of Denver from 1971 to 1976 and at Denver’s Metropolitan State College from 1978-79, where he later conducted the MSU Denver Community Band from 2005-2014. Jerry was known for his fine musicianship, helpful character, and keen sense of humor.
• Be meeting MSU Denver’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Be band member in the wind ensemble, symphonic band or jazz ensemble for at least one year.
• Be a declared music major with an emphasis in a brass instrument (preferably trumpet)
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater
• Applicants must submit a 250 word essay on how they have demonstrated growth as a musician, willingness to help others, and commitment to the profession.