Frank Day Annual Food and Beverage Scholarship
The purpose of the Frank Day Annual Scholarship is to support students currently working hard in the industry who are interested in becoming effective managers in the field. Frank Day is a legendary restaurant developer and operator who started two national iconic brands, Old Chicago and Rock Bottom Brewery. He spent his early years creating and managing hot dog stands in Chicago. He moved to Boulder in 1970, developing restaurants and concepts that were precursors to today’s proliferation of brewpubs around the country. Frank believes in the importance of strong relationships in the hospitality business and encourages companies to offer effective training and really good customer service. He hopes to pass on his love for the industry to MSU Denver students who work hard and are “hustling” to become the next generation of food and beverage leaders.
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid
• Have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Metropolitan State University of Denver Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
• Have a declared major in the School of Hospitality
• Be taking a minimum of 12 credit hours during the semester the scholarship is received
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher