NBCU Academy Scholarship
This Fund is established to provide scholarships to the University’s Journalism and Media Production Department students.
Further, the intent is to award a sufficient scholarship amount such that students have financial resources above and beyond tuition and fee costs. Examples include but are not limited to; field reporting expenses, equipment purchases, student housing, tuition subsidies, textbooks and any other academic materials required for student coursework. More specifically, the intent is to support students pursuing a degree in Journalism, Media Studies (e.g., film or television studies), Media-related Technology or Engineering, or any students that are otherwise enrolled in substantially similar degree programs that align with the mission of the NBCU Academy.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Have financial need as determined by FAFSA/CASFA and the University’s Office Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Have a declared major in Journalism, Journalism and Media Production, Broadcast Journalism, Public Relations, Video Production, Media Production and Leadership, or Technical Writing and Editing or have a declared minor in Digital Media, Sport Media, or Journalism and Media Production
• Have a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average
• Submit an essay on the topic: How do you show a demonstrated interest in diversity, equity and inclusion and for creating content reflective of diverse communities that provide insight into contemporary challenges?
Preference is for students with a class standing of junior or senior
Preference is for students who have completed the Reporting (JMP 2100) or Basic Video Production (JMP 2420) course.