Robert B. Daniels Memorial Endowed Scholarship
This fund is to provide travel scholarships to MSU Denver students to experience art historical sites and other academic opportunities both domestic and international for students who have demonstrated a commitment to a career in the visual arts. The fund honors the memory of the donor’s late husband, Robert B. Daniels.
Robert had a bachelor’s degree in painting and a heartfelt belief that a painter must know the history of art to be a relevant painter today.
• Be meeting MSU Denver’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Have completed the MSU Denver Office of Financial Aid Scholarship Application.
• Be a student at Metropolitan State University of Denver and, if relevant, registered for Art History study abroad programs.
• Have a declared major in Art or a minor in Art with a major in a closely related field.
• Have a commitment to an art profession.
• Have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Metropolitan State University of Denver Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Students, as appropriate, may be invited by the Art Department to submit samples of their creative or scholarly work – either art/design work or an art history paper – that demonstrate an understanding of the importance of art history and how it informs their own artistic work or professional aspirations.