Reisher Scholars- TRANSFER
Reisher Scholars Program (Transfer students)
The mission of the Reisher Scholars Program is to enable promising students from Colorado who show dedication to academics in addition to financial need the ability to graduate from college in a timely manner with minimal additional educational debt. The Reisher Scholarship helps strong students finish stronger!
The scholarship provides two years of funding for students transferring to MSU Denver from a community college, with the goal of helping students graduate in two years with little to no debt. The scholarship provides for the full cost of attendance to be met- often called a full-ride scholarship.
• Have and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Have financial need based on FAFSA
• Plan to enroll in at least 12 credits, 9 credits being in-person (not online) classes, each semester they receive the scholarship
• Be a Colorado resident
• Have an expected graduation date two years from the date that they are first selected as a Reisher Scholar
• Must agree to work 10 hours per week, on or off campus, unless caring for dependent/sibling/parent, disabled, or participating in sports program at Metropolitan State University
• Have a total unmet financial need of at least $4,000.
• Student may not take out loans totaling more than $1,500 during fall and spring semester (total of $1,500 per year) while receiving scholarship
• Must demonstrate one or more of the following personal qualities: high motivation, goal-oriented, responsible/dependable, and demonstrate an indication of making a contribution
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), educational institutions are prohibited from releasing student education records without your consent. Additional information regarding FERPA and educational records can be located in the university catalog on the MSU Denver webpage. By completing this application, you are authorizing MSU Denver to release ALL educational records, as defined in 20 U.S.C. 1232g, and which may include, but are not limited to, transcripts, social security number, and disciplinary records to the Denver Foundation and Reisher Scholarship Program if you are selected for the Reisher scholarship. This authorization will remain in effect until student withdraws this authorization in writing to the Office of the Registrar.