Phillip Lucero Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to deserving Technical Communication, Technical Writing and Editing, Video Production, and Media Production and Leadership majors at the University.
This Endowment was previously named the ‘Technical Communication Endowed Scholarship’ and was under the leadership of former faculty member and department chair James Steele. It was created to provide scholarships to deserving Technical Communication and Media Production majors at the University. In 2015, the Fund was re-named to honor the life of former MSU Denver Alumnus, Phillip Lucero. Mr. Lucero launched two successful video production companies in Denver: Phil Lucero Productions and Transmission Studio, before his untimely death in 2014.
• Be meeting MSU Denver’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Have a financial need as determined by FAFSA and the Metropolitan State University of Denver Office Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Have a declared major in Technical Communication, Technical Writing & Editing, Video Production or Media Production and Leadership.
• Be taking a minimum of 12 credit hours during the semester(s) the scholarship is received.
• Be a sophomore, junior or senior.
• Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA in the major
Special consideration will be given to employed students, those who have rendered community service, and mature students, who during an interim away from school, have been employed, raised a family, or rendered community service and who have then returned to continue their education.