Political Science Outstanding Student Annual Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide a scholarship to one exceptional student majoring in Political Science who has demonstrated excellence in academic achievement; commitment to campus, civic and community engagement; and the intent to meaningfully apply the knowledge and skills gained in the Political Science program to foster a better world.
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid
• Have a declared major in Political Science
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater in Political Science courses (applicants must submit a degree progression report to substantiate this requirement)
• Be taking a minimum of 12 credit hours during the semester the scholarship is received
• Have completed at least 75 total credit hours, 18 or more of which must have been Political Science courses
• Write an essay in no more than 500 words, describe the following in a coherent, professional essay: Your involvement in the MSU Denver community; awards and recognitions you have received during your time at MSU Denver; the degree to which you have engaged in civic and community life beyond the classroom; and your plans to apply the knowledge and skills you have gained in the Political Science program to foster a better world, whether that be in terms of a career objective, activism, graduate or law school.