Marge Fisch Endowed Scholarship
To offer financial assistance to future teachers at the Middle School educational level. Middle School students present many challenges and the teacher must understand the uniqueness of this age group. This special teacher should have a broad knowledge of his/her subject matter, a caring attitude, love of learning, knowledge of discipline and classroom management techniques, a sense of humor and a desire to make a difference in the lives of young people. Marge Fisch was a Language Arts teacher in Jefferson County and a mentor to other teachers.
• Be a junior or senior with a declared intention to be a middle school teacher. Students earning their teacher certification are not eligible.
• Recipient(s) may be in classes or student teaching
• There is a preference for veterans
• Asset students are eligible
RENEWAL: Students may reapply to receive the scholarship for multiple years.
Recipient must be willing to meet with Marge Fisch
- School of Education
- Supplemental Questions
- Type a 500-word essay that describes the unique or impactful role that the middle school teacher can play in a student’s education.
- Are you a U.S. Veteran or active military?