Beacon Pointe Advisors Annual Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to students pursuing a career in finance.
Beacon Pointe is an independent, fee-only fiduciary investment advisory firm focused on the management of personal portfolios. The firm values careful, prudent, and balanced solutions to money and wealth management. Giving back to the community is also a core value at Beacon Pointe. Over the years, it has supported numerous nonprofit organizations across the Denver-Metro Area, including organizations focused on education and opportunity for disadvantaged populations.
• Be meeting MSU Denver’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state, or institutional aid
• Be a Colorado resident
• Be an undergraduate student majoring in Finance
• Have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
• Demonstrate financial need up to 2x Pell-eligible (moderate financial need) as determined by the University’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships based on completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the CASFA application for DACA students
• Provide a 300-word essay responding to the following question: “Tell us how your life experiences and learning about investment management will help you contribute to the field of finance upon graduation.”
Preference will be given to students from populations that are underrepresented in the financial industry.
U.S. citizens and DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students are eligible
Selected students will be eligible to apply for an internship with Northstar Investment Advisors, LLC.
- CASFA, College of Business, DACA, Finance, Internship