Brown Family Parents & Women in Hospitality Endowed Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships in support of parents and women who are pursuing a degree in the University’s School of Hospitality. Parenting is incredibly challenging, and pursuing a degree as a parent is a noble sacrifice to pursue a better future for one’s family.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid
• Have a declared major in the School of Hospitality
• Be taking a minimum of 12 credit hours during the semester the scholarship is received
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
Preference will be given to:
• Students who are a parent of a child under the age of 18 (first preference)
• Students who are Women (second preference)
• Students who demonstrate financial need (general preference)
Should no students qualify who are parents, a female student in need of financial support may be selected instead.