Lawrence A. Atler and Marilyn Van Derbur Atler Endowed Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to benefit a single-parent student whose life experiences allow him/her to relate to the experiences of single mothers.
The Donor’s intent for the scholarship is for the student pursuing a specific chosen field of study which, upon completion, will enable them to be gainfully employed. The intent hereof is to have the recipient, upon graduation and/or completion of certification, be job-ready by reason of such education. The fact that they may have to pass an additional test after completion of their education at the University (e.g., CPA or teachers’ exam), required by a governmental or quasi-governmental entity or professional association shall not invalidate their eligibility.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Have financial need as determined by FAFSA/CASFA and the University’s Office Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Be enrolled at the University part-time or full-time
• Be a degree or certificate-seeking student
• Be a single parent
• Be classified as a junior or senior
• Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
Preference is for a student who can relate to the experience of single mothers.
It is the Donor’s wish that, insofar as possible based upon available funds, recipients be given a full scholarship inclusive of tuition, fees, and books.
Award not to exceed a total of six semesters. Students must maintain eligibility in order to continue receiving the award.