Jeffco Schools Scholarship Program
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to Jeffco Public Schools graduates for the purpose of attending and attaining baccalaureate degrees at the University.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Provide verification of a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.25 by submitting the most recent high school transcript at the time of application and final transcript upon high school graduation to the University’s Office of Admissions
• Complete the Free Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) or Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA) (formally Dreamer Student Application for Institutional Aid) and follow-up with the University’s Office of Financial Aid and
Scholarships to ensure students’ MSU Denver financial aid file is complete.
• Be Pell-eligible as dete1mined by FAFSA/CASFA and the University’s Office Financial Aid and Scholarships- EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) must be less than $5711. (EFC amount is subject to change each academic year, but student pell
eligibility requirement will remain as set criteria.)
• Complete the University’s General Scholarship Application
• Be classified as a Colorado resident for tuition purposes (including DACA/ ASSET students) at time of disbursement
• Enroll as a full-time student (at least 12 credits)
Preference will be given to students graduating from Arvada High School, Jefferson High School, Alameda High School, and Wheat Ridge High School during the year of the award.
Preference will be given to the following students:
• Hispanic students
• First in family to attend college