Beverly J. Fourcade Memorial Nursing Endowed Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to Nursing majors at the University.
The Beverly J. Fourcade Memorial Nursing Endowed Scholarship is established in loving memory by the Fourcade children to encourage students to overcome obstacles and persist toward their dreams of entering into the field of nursing. The scholarship will provide tuition assistance to qualified Metropolitan State University of Denver students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
Beverly J. Fourcade was a nurse, leader in the healthcare field and proud MSU Denver alumna from the class of 1984. Beverly embodied selflessness and displayed genuine empathy and compassion for her patients. Outside of the healthcare setting, Beverly was extremely generous and known to encourage family members and those in her community to lead enriching lives.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state, or institutional aid
• Have financial need as determined by FAFSA and the University’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Have a declared major in Nursing
• Be enrolled full-time (12 or more credit hours)
• Be a U.S. citizen
• Submit an essay describing a time when you displayed empathy and compassion towards a patient or loved one. Elaborate on how you will continue to work on your bedside manner and ability to show empathy to patients throughout your
professional career as a nurse (max word count 500). Students who complete the essay and answer, “Yes” to the following questions:
• Do you have volunteer experience in a role that directly helped others? Y/N
• Do you have plans to move into a leadership role within the healthcare industry? Y/N
Preference is given to:
• Non-traditional or re-admit students
• Students who are bilingual (fluent in English and a language other than English)
• Single parent students
Preference is for the student(s) to receive a $5,000.00 scholarship (less the 6% Foundation administrative fee) each academic year.
The scholarship is renewable for multiple years if criteria continues to be met.