Ana Nelson Women in Aviation Endowed Scholarship
The Fund is established to provide scholarships to women pursuing a career in aviation and to celebrate the life and joy of Ana Nelson, a passionate supporter of education, women, and flight. Ana’s memory will live on in the University’s Department of Aviation and Aerospace Science and this Fund will forever create life-changing opportunities for women pursuing a career in flight.
The scholarship recipient shall:
• Be meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid
• Have a declared major in Aviation and Aerospace Science, with the intent to pursue a career in Aviation
• Have financial need as determined by FAFSA, or CASFA, and the MSU Denver Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Be employed at least 20 hours/week
• Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours during the semester the scholarship is received
• Submit an essay of 500 – 1,000 words that addresses the following questions: how did you become interested in the aviation field, what is your desired career path in aviation and how will the Ana Nelson Women in Aviation Endowed Scholarship impact you?
There is a preference for the recipient to be female.