Forrest Golec Memorial Endowed Scholarship
The Fund is established in memory of Forrest Golec to provide scholarships in support of students with a declared major in Psychology.
• Be meeting MSU Denver’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid • Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 • Have a declared major in Psychology at MSU Denver
• Confirm that he/she has an advising plan in place as part of the application process • Complete the MSU Denver Scholarship Application • Upload their transcript as part of the application process. There is a preference for the students receiving the award to be taking 12 or more credit hours, but students taking at least 6 credit hours may be considered. Scholarships are not renewable – the award is for one semester only. DREAMers and ASSET/CASFA students are eligible. There is a preference for the recipient to be a first-generation student.
Applicants must upload an essay of 500 words or less addressing the questions, “What challenges have you faced in completing your education and how did you overcome them? How would a scholarship help you reach your goals?”
There is a preference for there to be two awards of $1,000 each per year.
The entire scholarship award is to be given in the fall semester. This amount may be modified over time to reflect inflation and growth in the corpus and distributions.
- $1,000 Fall Only
- Supplemental Questions
- Please use this space to upload your Unofficial Transcripts. NAMING YOUR DOCUMENT: Please make sure you put your name in the file name before uploading. Applicants must submit unofficial transcripts from ALL colleges/universities previously attended to complete this form.
- Applicants must upload an essay of 500 words or less addressing the questions, “What challenges have you faced in completing your education and how did you overcome them? How would a scholarship help you reach your goals?”
- Do you currently have an advising plan in place?